Saturday, May 9, 2009

victory.

Unlike yesterday, today I actually studied, and very hardcore at that. After my final this morning, I studied for about 12 hours (minus breaks for lunch and dinner), then went to a worship thing in the chapel.

Worship was AWESOME!! I was so overwhelmed by the sense of God's presence. There weren't many of us there-just the team going to Uganda (including my brother) and a few other friends and me, but the Holy Spirit's power just really showed up. There was a thunderstorm outside, and anytime we declared that God was our "Jehovah Nissi," which means "The Lord is my banner" or that He is the victorious one, the thunder would go crazy!! What a testimony of God's might and victory in our lives. I am just so humbled to live a victorious life, for God has already won my battles! He has fought the fight, and all He asks of me is to walk forward, knowing my identity as a princess in His court! Wow, what a gift. God is so good to us.

Final exams demand my time once more, but step forth in victory as you go through your day today, and be blessed.

3 He shall say: "Hear, O Israel, today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. 4 For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory."

Deuteronomy 20:3-4

All to Him,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. Even though I have heard you tell me this story before, it still is amazing to hear. God is so much our victory. As you go into Africa, remember that, God is evident and victorious

    ReplyDelete