Wednesday, July 1, 2009

birthday celebration.

So, the past two days have been SO AWESOME here in South Africa. I got a package from my family-thanks, guys!!! I jumped up and down and screamed a little bit, I was so excited! I love all of the food, letters, pictures, stickers, etc.! Thanks for taking the time to send it! The next day, I got letters from two friends from school (Steph and Em-thanks so much!!!). It is so much fun getting mail here! It amazes me, actually, that it made it all the way over here haha.

Yesterday was the craziest, busiest, longest, but most fun day I've had since I've been here. It was one of my girls' birthdays! The one on oxygen turned one yesterday. It was even more exciting because she was OFF HER OXYGEN all day yesterday!!!! Wow, God is good. Kat and I were kept busy most of the day with party preparations and decorating. We also were training a new contract worker with Auntie Mary and taking care of three babies we have from upstairs for a few days. These babies are premature, and we've had them for about a week (they're only a week old or so), and most of the babies upstairs are getting sick, so they moved them down here for the time being to keep them away from the sick kids haha. However, during all of this-the birthday party, three little babies, daily chores, new people...all of our countertops are getting replaced!! So we were really busy keeping everything off of the counters and running upstairs and downstairs trying to warm bottles haha.

The birthday party was so fun, though! Everyone sang to her, then the director of Door of Hope prayed for her and over her for healing. She has come off her heart medication in the last few months, which is a miracle in itself, since the doctors told DOH that she had a heart condition. She also is getting off her oxygen now. Seriously, God is so good! I am continuing to pray for her complete healing and eventual adoption. Please join me in that prayer! I have complete confidence that God will answer.

I hope all of you are well and enjoying your summers! Dan, I hope you have fun in UGANDA!!!

All to Him,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. I love how faithful God is. I'll keep praying for her! God has victory over her life. He can bring total healing!

    ReplyDelete